Monday, April 26, 2010

BFH Up-Date


A couple of you have requested a progress report on the Bathroom-From-Hell. While it may not appear to have progressed too much, MOTH has actually done quite a bit. While I was away last week, he spent nearly a day just fixing in around the window frame. He'd had to cut into the wall big time with the Big Bertha Brick Cutter early on, so getting the gaps fitted properly with plasterboard was a big job. I was going to climb up onto the ladder & photograph his excellent work, but my stilettos wouldn't allow it.

All the wet area blue board in the double shower alcove is now up & on the weekend he taped & waterproofed it & then applied 4 coats of waterproofing polyurethane prior to commencing the tiling (1st image). For the first time I can actually see a chink of light at the end of this horrendous tunnel. More would have been done, but we needed to spend all of Sunday in the garden separating all the new 'babies' from their Christmas Lillie mothers & then potting them up. I'm happy to report that again these original 'girls' have presented us with at least 200 new additions to the family. Not bad for a $50 investment from Tesselar's bulb catalogue 3 years ago!



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That is going to be great. I notice a niche. I'm impressed and glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie
    Glad things are progressing.It all looks very nice love the niche. I remember the agony of our bathroom reno. My other half ( It's his 59th birthday today ) spent another day sanding our now plastered arch in our family room. I felt very anxious about him working so hard on his day I came to a decision after this no more renovating I'm well and truely over the dust and the mess and him working too hard. Luck we are both on holiday this week and we intend to celebrate tomorrow.
    Kind Regards
    Karen
    PS: I get too do my bit when the painting starts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait. You're gonna love it. I am totally envious. Our master bath needs to be done in the worst way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Millie, Speaking from experience of being in a remodeling tunnel (or deep dark cave...that's damp), that light sure does feel good. Happy BFH progress! xoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's to that little light at the end of the tunnel! good job, MOTH.

    millie, i've got some catching up to do here...

    congratulations on your award!

    beautiful tribute to your uncle.

    oh, those mushrooms truly scare me. ever since pixel ate a toxic mushroom in our background and took a "trip", i look at all mushrooms as evil.

    have a good week! pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Millie, this is great news for you dear friend.
    I often think the bathroom takes so long but there is a lot that you have to get right, with the waterproofing and all those important parts.
    Your Lilies will be lovely.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the joys of a bathroom reno. seems like you have done the hard yards and now the good stuff. tiling. woohooo. nearly there. love the way you call him the MOTH!!! but I also read you have FIVE sons .. so are they all BOTH???

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails