Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Start Your Party Engines!


I've requested the Safety Car today to lead me out of the Party Starting Grid as yes, it's that time of the year. Last year saw me having to drag that clunky cast around everywhere, so this year I'm putting on my highest heels & joining everyone on the dance floor unencumbered. My diary shows 9 functions in the next 10 days & I have no intention of missing any of them. However I don't finish work officially until Dec. 23rd, so of course I will not be allowing any of my Festive 'activities' to impinge on my work.....yep. How are you holding out, & more to the point, did you manage to survive the office Christmas party relatively unscathed? If not, do share!!

Image: BMW

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Millie,

    I am really enjoying this season and most of all.... smaller get togethers. Making it easier on myself and everyone!!

    Sort of in the shape you were last year!

    I hope you will come visit and enter my Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I fear I've been catching some of MOTH's bah humbugs! We have a number of family birthday's this month too and it's just all too much. Did you ever see that episode of the Vicar of Dibley where she rolled off the couch from eating too much. That's me! And the 12 days of Christmas have only just begun. I don't envy you with 9 functions in 10 days and still working.

    Hope you enjoy it all.

    Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Milly - You shake it my friend in those high..high heels. I'm proud of you. Our party schedule added up to one..ONE..but I made the best of it. I'm sure people went home snickering about the 'old broad' on the dance floor but I tell you, after having a sad Christmas last year, I knew that one must grab the holidays by the Christmas balls and enjoy each dance step & cocktail.

    Think of me as you dance the night away. I'll be with you & MOTH in spirit.

    Cheers and hugs, xo xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deb - who mentioned anything about MOTH!!!
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that partying after a double root-canal... I take my hat off to you Millie;o)
    Imagine if your dentist had a tv in his clinic, and imagine if said tv was set to the ABC Channel....but I digress.
    Hope you have fun at your "do's" making up for last year.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's a whole year since you were in plaster, wow time flies!!

    The days of office parties starting at midday are but a distant memory for me these days....fun times though!!! :)

    Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails